Imagine a Day Without Water
October 6th Event & Student Art Contest!
Could you go a day without water? No water to drink or make coffee. No water to shower, flush the toilet, or do laundry. Firefighters couldn't put out fires and farmers couldn't water their crops. October 6 - 8 we are joining together to raise awareness about the most essential resource we have: Water.
Event: October 6th 11:00a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Free Speech Monument & City Hall Downtown
Come imagine a day without water with us, the City of Charlottesville, and Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority on Tuesday, October 6th, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Free Speech Monument and City Hall on the Downtown Mall. There will be information on Charlottesville & Albemarle County water supply, water conservation information and giveaways, fun activities, and entertainment provided by station 106.1 The Corner!
Tuesday will also kick off the Imagine A Day Without Water Student Art Contest. We will have flyers available there to pick up at the event.
Join the Facebook Imagine A Day Without Water Event: Click Here
Imagine A Day Without Water Student Art Contest
Open October 6th through November 9th
Theme: "Imagine A Day without Water"
Open To: All City of Charlottesville & Albemarle County Public, Private, and home schools Grades 1st to 8th
- All entries must convey the theme of the contest: "Imagine a Day without Water"
- Entries must be the work of one individual student, no collaborations.
- Original artwork only. Posters submitted with copyrighted characters or images will not be accepted.
- Teachers may submit for students or students can submit independently through their parents.
- Teachers can submit multiple entries at once, arrange pick-ups at schools, mail to or drop off at the Albemarle County Service Authority (ACSA) Administration Department (168 Spotnap Road).
- Size: 11 x 17, landscape; any posters larger or smaller in size will be disqualified.
- Any medium may be used (paint, colored pencils, crayons, markers, etc). No 3-D entries, please.
- Multiple entries from the same student will be accepted.
For Students: $200 gift card (one winner in each category) Categories: Grades 1 - 2, Grades 3 - 4, Grades 5 - 6, Grades 7 - 8, Fan Favorite Posters will be judged on message (keep in mind the theme), originality, creativity, and overall presentation. A panel of judges will select the winning posters for each grade division.
For Teachers: Every teacher whose students submit posters will be entered into a drawing to win a $200 gift card for classroom projects. The more students that participate will increase the odds of winning. Four Teachers will be selected!Fan Favorite winner will be selected by online voting. The link with all the entries will be available HERE starting November 20th, 2015.
Winners will be recognized as special ceremonies and their work will be exhibited in public venues.Click Here for the: Imagine A Day Without Water Art Contest Flyer
Questions: Please contact our Administration Department at (434-977-4511)
Event & Contest is sponsored by:
Albemarle County Service Authority
The City of Charlottesville
Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority
Office hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday – Friday, to reach us by phone please call: (434) 977-4511
During inclement weather, please call our main number to check for hours of operation.
Outside of operating hours
To report a water leak, sewer stoppage or other emergency in the water/sewer system Please call our 24 hour toll free number at: 1-888-252-3468